WHERE SHOULD I GO?
The Trotter Y parking garage is on the south side of the main building. The church has been granted access to the top level of that parking garage. Additionally, you will find parking on the street and in the overflow parking garage across Augusta opposite the Trotter Y parking garage. Please do not park in the outside parking lot of the Trotter Y or the lower levels of the garage.
WHAT ARE OPTIONS FOR CHILDCARE?
Childcare is available every Sunday during the service for 8-week to 4-year-olds. Check-in can be found on on the north side of the Trotter Y campus. For more information, please scroll down.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
We gather weekly for worship on Sundays at 10am at Trotter Family YMCA: 1331 Augusta Dr, Houston, TX 77057.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Our primary purpose is to worship Jesus every week in the service. We do this by singing songs, confessing sin, praying, preaching biblical and gospel-centered sermons, and celebrating communion with God at the Lord’s Table. We also welcome children of all ages into our service and encourage families to bring their children with them to worship because we believe Jesus wants them there with us. So we expect there will be little ones wriggling in their chairs and making some noise.
Children at Cornerstone
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
The plan of the Children’s Ministry is, by the power of the Word, Fellowship, and Worship to produce disciples who:
● Love and worship Jesus, teaching children the real whole truth of who they are and whose they are, and providing worship training with the goal of full participation in the church body;
● Fellowship with and serve his church, forming life-giving relationships of mutual joy, and giving themselves away in service to others in childlike ways – the ways of Jesus’ kingdom;
● Grow in fruitfulness, sharing in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that engenders joy in knowing him, a hope and certainty of heaven, and participating in his body with good deeds.
● Grow in a biblical world and life view, recognizing and supporting our covenantal understanding that God is at work in families;
● Grow in a desire to tell others about Jesus and his gospel.
WHAT SHOULD MY KIDS EXPECT IN THE WORSHIP SERVICE?
To those with young children, we would especially like to welcome you! We consider it a privilege to spend time with the next generation of believers (Psalm 78:4-7; Eph 6:1-4). To enjoy your time with us, may we suggest the following:
• Relax! We believe the church is for all people, including children, and we want Cornerstone to be a church where children are both seen and heard! This is God’s house, his family, and all are welcome. So don’t worry if your children wiggle in the chairs or make a little noise! We invite you to keep your children in our service and help them understand what is going on, sing the songs with you, and participate in worship.
• If you’re comfortable, sit toward the front where it’s easier for children to see and hear.
• Parents are encouraged to quietly explain the different parts of the service so the children understand the various elements.
• Sing the hymns, pray the prayers, and participate in the responses. Children learn how to worship by imitating their parents. We say parts of our worship service every week in order to help our non-reading children to participate.
• In the back of the bulletin are helps for our children that are directly related to that Sunday’s service.
• If you have to step outside of the worship area during the service, feel free to do so. But please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me.” Let’s be sure to welcome the children so that they always know that the church is for them as much as it is for the rest of us! The presence of children is a gift to our church.
WHAT ARE OPTIONS FOR CHILDCARE DURING THE SERVICE?
While we seek to provide our children with opportunities to worship in the worship service, we also want to provide a resource during the worship service for our families with little ones. As a church family, we recognize that it takes a village to raise those kids! So Cornerstone is happy to provide optional childcare during the worship service for families with infants, walkers, and 2 to 4 year olds. You can take advantage of that resource before the worship service OR anytime during the worship service.
WHAT SHOULD MY KIDS EXPECT IN CHILDCARE?
We have areas designated for infants, walkers, and 2 to 4 year olds. We are able to provide everything from nap time to feeding time to changing time! Our older kids will have the opportunity to play in the classroom with age appropriate toys, run around on the all access playground, have snack time, and hear a Bible story and song!
HOW DO I REGISTER MY KIDS FOR CHILDCARE?
Just show up on Sunday morning! Childcare is located on the north side of the Trotter Y building and Check-in is right by the rooms. Our volunteers will help register your children on-site.
DO I NEED TO PREPARE ANYTHING?
If you have an 8-week to 2 years-old, we ask that you prepare extra diapers, snacks, and beverages to leave with our volunteers. Make sure all diaper bags are labeled. Masking tape with sharpies will be provided for those that need to label their bags. For all other age groups, materials will be provided.
WHO ARE OUR VOLUNTEERS?
All volunteers have been screened by a background security check and vetted by our leadership. They are committed core group members of Cornerstone who are passionate about the discipleship of children and have received mandatory training on safety and procedures.